Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

#1 Beau's Lug Tread Beer


Who knew that that Beau's All Natural Brewing Company was practically on our doorstep and who knew it was stocked in a lot of places in Ottawa? I found my bottle at my local LCBO and I think it was $7.65 (or thereabouts) for a 750ml bottle.

From their website, you can find Beau's beer almost all over, even on tap at some local pubs. Looks like I have to get out far more than I think I do. But, you know, I have had this beer before - right at the beginning of summer I was in my LCBO and bought it purely for the bottle. It's a gorgeous ceramic bottle with one of those swing top lids. To be honest, I thought the bottle probably costs more than the actual beer inside. But like most of us, I buy things because they look pretty.

This time though, I bought it to begin "the list".
The beer inside is quite refreshing. It's nice and light, and for a girl like me, it's just what I want. Nothing too complicated, nothing I really have to think about. Just something I can drink on a hot summer afternoon. It's a little bit bitter, but really nice and crisp. Maybe I'll buy some more.

I wanted to keep the bottle, but then I remembered, I have so much junk, that one beer bottle isn't really going to make the cut. So, in the recycle box it will go. It's a pity I don't live in a more countrified life. It would fit in perfectly filled with dish soap, or a daisy, or something. My brother, who collects trophies from drunken nights, would like it. Maybe I will hold onto it for a little while longer - that's what a basement's for, right?

And, I was right. After a quick look at Beau's website, it is named after a trucking sort of term, it turns out, a lug tread (I think) is the mark made by a tractor tire in the mud after it has passed by. Does that make sense?

If my husband is lucky, I might insist on visiting the brewery personally in the near future for one of our Family Sundays, which can be anything as long as we are spending quality time together as a family.

Bottoms Up to #1!

(You can return the empties to depots around Ottawa and Beau's will donate $0.40 for each bottle returned to Operation Come Home)

No comments:

Post a Comment