Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Easiest Tastiest Hummus


I don't do this to myself often, I am catering an event, have it planned down to the last sprinkle of salt, and then WHAM, I forget an important ingredient. This time it was hummus. I couldn't believe it. There was no way I was heading back out to the store in this weather, so I had to make it myself. 
I wonder why I have never made it before. It is so easy, and so so so delicious. I cannot get over how good this hummus is - and with so few ingredients. Seriously, if you only have a can of chickpeas on hand, you can make this right now. 
Enjoy this hummus straight from the food processor with a spoon (like me), or on a sandwich, or dipped into with fresh bread, carrots or cucumber spears, mix anything into it - sun dried tomatoes, fresh herbs, more garlic, chili. This is just a base recipe, let your imagination run wild!

So Easy Hummus
Makes about 2 cups

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (more if you prefer)
6 tablespoons oil (I used 4 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoon canola oil - I just find the taste of olive oil sometimes overwhelming)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Place everything into the bowl of your food processor fitted with metal blade, and whizz together. If you like it a little smoother, add more oil a teaspoon at a time, if you like it chunkier, don't add so much oil.

OMG, you won't be able to stop eating it - and it is so much better than the commercially prepared hummus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment