Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Turtle Cake Pops


A quick post today - these are the turtle cake pops I made for a customer (actually, if you remember my pig cake pops from last year - it's the same customer). Her girls wanted turtle cake pops for their birthday, and this is what I came up with.

Inside, the cake is chocolate bound together with chocolate frosting. Then I picked through a bunch of Skittles to find enough green ones for the feet and heads. I flattened the cake pop before dipping into green candy coating, stuck on the feet and the head before they set. After about two hours, so I knew they had fully set), I piped extra green candy coating on the tops and sprinkled with green sugar. I used royal icing for the eyes and then used an edible marker to draw on the eye balls and the smiles.

Apologies for the lighting, I think I had to take these outside at 5am to get enough light before they were packaged up.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment